Still Working
The Christmas post that I am writing is turning out to take longer than I thought it would and I don't have the patience to type out how lovely my Christmas was. At least not tonight. I got about half way through it and stopped. I have absolutely no patience tonight. So instead, I’m going to update on how things have been in the starting of 2009.
Already ten days into it. That’s insane. It feels like nothing at all. Supposedly, time will continue to pick up speed as I get older. So far, that’s true. My seventh grade year went by slow. My eighth grade year went by much quicker. And my ninth grade year is going by ridiculously fast. Anyway, my GPA is pretty damn good. ;p Of course it came from working my ass off the first semester. I miss Cross Country, though. It was a lot of fun. A lot more freedom in cross country. Yeah, we run two miles every day, but then we basically get to screw around with each other. Plus, Coach S. was pretty awesome.
Now, I’m on the basketball team. It’s a weighted class, meaning an ‘A’ is actually worth a ‘5.0’. Which does a lot for my GPA. If it was not a weighted class, I would have quit already. I absolutely loathe it. My coach is a real ass. He plays favoritism. I am definitely not one of his favorite people.
I should be playing one of the guards (ball handlers), but instead, the ass hole is playing me down low. Down low players don’t ever get to handle the ball. (Well, hardly ever) And I am a better handler than most of the girls on our team. (Except for Victoria, who, not even a day ago, started as point guard…finally.)
Seriously, my coach is a dumb ass for not having Victoria as point guard from the very beginning. Ugh. So anyway, I’m stuck down low. (Meaning, I get to rebound and throw the ball to one of the guards.) If coach hasn’t noticed, I’m not tall, and I’m not fat, nor muscled. So why the hell should I be playing down low where I’m thrown around like a fricken’ rag doll? Yeah, that’s a negative towards myself, but we have some fat/muscled girls on our team who can do a way better job down low than I can. I should be a fricken’ guard! It’s so not fair. These two skinny girls (who, by the way, can’t dribble a ball for their life) get to play guards up top. Why, you may ask? Because my coach is an idiot. I can’t stand him.
Not only do I get to deal with an idiot for a coach, I have to wake up at 7:30 every Saturday morning, just to go down to my school for a scheduled two hour practice. It’s beyond annoying. But at least I have a place to vent. *sigh*
Anyway, here is a conversation I had with Robby that was pretty awesome.
(We were out on the basketball court and Robby said we weren’t leaving until I made three shots in a row. Every time I made two, I would miss the third one.)
Me: Rob, it’s impossible for me to make three in a row. I can’t do it.
Robby: What do you want to be when you grow up?
Me: An author.
Robby: Well, you could be a columnist in a newspaper instead.
Me: No. I want to write books.
Robby: Exactly. You wouldn’t want to be a columnist because you want to write books. You’d be lowering your goals if you became a columnist. Just like making three shots in a row. Just because it’s hard, doesn’t mean you should lower your goals.
Holy crap. Was anybody else impressed by this? Just when I think I got that kid figured out, he says something like this and totally throws me off. (lol) So after many, many tries, I made three in a row. =)
Okay, so Cheryl bought be ‘The Messengers’ (a movie) for Christmas and dad and I watched it last night. I wasn’t expecting his reaction to it. He was actually scared. I couldn’t believe it. (lol) He couldn’t understand how I could watch and not flip out. Which I do to almost every scary movie I watch. But this one only scares me while watching it. Which is better than if it doesn’t scare me when watching it but scares me when I’m lying in bed with the light off. (Which the Boogeyman did to me) Yes, I know, I am huge baby. =)
Today was the day we were supposed to go snowboarding but dad forgot to change his car insurance so he could drive my grandmas’ car. (Mom won’t let him drive us all the way up to Flagstaff in his car. Something about it not being reliable…) So instead we went on a four mile hike on S. Mountain. It was really pretty up there. Even Riley had a good time. =)
Okay, time to stop writing and spend some time with my dad and Riley. I’ve spent too much time on the computer. (lol)
♥LOLTomboy♥
Last Thing: Taking things that are NOT yours is bad. Going behind someone’s’ back is awful. Trying to justify what you’ve done is even worse… Doing all three of these things to a family member is bull shit.

Powered by:
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home