Music Puts Crazy Words Inside My Head
As I look out my bedroom window, I see a girl wandering aimlessly through the rain. Her hair and clothes drenched in the cold water falling from the sky. I couldn’t help but wonder what she was doing out there all alone.
She kept her head down as she walked through the street, not paying attention to anything around her. Seeming unaware of the rain, it continued to come down harder and heavier until she was no longer visible. A deep panic set in me. This isn’t a normal street where cars go fifteen miles an hour. This street is too close to the freeway for a normal speed limit. No, they go much faster than that…
I bolted for the front door as fast as I could, though it didn’t feel at all fast enough. As I ran down the porch steps, I looked up to find bright lights fast approaching the girl’s general direction.
I’m not going to make it.
The fact was clear to me, but I didn’t want to let go. I continued running towards the girl. In my frantic sprint to reach the girl in time, I hadn’t been paying attention to the ground below me. Five feet from the road, I tripped over a basketball. As I fell to the ground, I knew I had failed her.
I looked up and watched through the rain as the car ran right into her. She rolled onto the hood and hit the windshield with a loud crack. Bouncing once on the roof of the car before falling to the ground. The car drove off without a moment’s hesitation.
I brought myself to my feet and rushed to the girl, now lying in the road. When I reached her, she looked lifeless. But more than that, she looked like me. She had my nose, my lips, my rounded face, my hair color, everything. If my own mother were looking at this girl, she would assume it were me.
As tears filled my eyes, the girl raised her hand to me, grasping a piece of folded paper in her palm. I jumped back, not sure what to do.
Her hand slowly opened up, revealing my name written on the folded piece of paper. I stared at it for a moment before slowly reaching out to grab it. The rain was getting it wet, so I unfolded it and quickly read what was written inside.

When I looked back down at the girl, she was gone. As if she had never even been there in the first place. Just as suddenly, I was back in my room, staring out my window. Confusion swept through me. Had this all just been a dream?
And then I remembered the note still clutched in my hand.
Watch where You’re Going…

Powered by:
7 Comments:
Tayler,
This was a very engaging short story. I'm amazed not only at your ability to write creative, short stories, but your word usage and ability to pull the reader in quickly, and form an interesting, short story without over-articulating and giving just enough detail. WOW. I really am impressed and so very proud of you, Tayler. Keep up the wonderful writing!
Love you,
Mom
=)
Thanks Momma.
Love you lots.
I am so proud of you ! Keep up the writing! Love you so much! Love, Aunt Tara
Thanks Aunt Tara. =)
Only 67 Mores days until we see you again! =D
Hey Sweetie,
Your stories remind me of another little girls stories I used to read. Like mother, like daughter. You got great talent, don't ever back off on your writing.
Love you both,
Boompa
=)
Thanks Boompa.
I'm very happy you liked it.
Miss you sooo much!
Only 50 Days Left till we see you again! =D
This comment has been removed by the author.
Post a Comment
<< Home