Ginving to the Urge of Writing
In the dead of night, I will wake with a start. Not knowing what had waken me, I will seek for what had done me wrong. Half asleep, I walk through the streets until I collapse and fall to the peace of unconsciousness next to a curb.
When I wake again, a small child with deep blue eyes has her hand outreached towards me. Not knowing if I’m surely awake or not, I take her hand. She lifts me up off the ground with ease and before I know what has happened, we are floating through the air. She looks to me and smiles an angelic smile. It eases the fear that was slowly wrapping itself around me.
I close my eyes as we continue to gain speed. When I open them again, we are approaching a beach. The sun, slowly rising over the sea, has me coming to realize that I am nowhere near home. I look to the small child as our feet hit the sand of the beach. She smiles again before looking back at the rising sun.
I take a step forward and feel the sand under my feet. I take a deep breath and can smell the salt water, only a few feet away from me. As I look around, I see that this small child and I are the only one’s on this beautiful beach.
I want to ask the child why she has brought me here, but decide otherwise. This place is so perfect, why would I ruin it with complicated words? Surely the reason is complicated and can be saved for another time.
The child sits down and without thinking about it, I follow her lead. Not caring about anything else except the beauty of the waves tumbling over each other; we sit there on the sand in peace.

Powered by:
2 Comments:
So utterly beautifully written Tayler, that it brought tears to my eyes. Speaking objectively and not as your mother, you have an amazing talent in writing Tayler. I pray whatever you decide to do in life, that you will always write. Your God-given talent should be shared with all who would appreciate such platinum precious peices, as this one.
I love you,
Mom
Thank you Momma. I'm glad you like it. =)
Lova ya,
LOL Tomboy
Post a Comment
<< Home