After Bible Camp
The last day of Bible Camp was sad. I didn't like saying goodbye to Ryan and Emily. Thankfully, I have both of their phone numbers, so we can all keep in touch.
Anyway, we all went to Aunt Tawni's house for a barbecue. Dad showed up at the barbecue, which was nice, considering I hadn't seen him for a while. Uncle Jim (my dads brother) was at the party, too. It was good to see him again.
Amanda, Chelsea and I were all picked on by the adults. (lol) That's just how it is, though. You can't take it personally. I won't say what we were made fun of for, considering I could get in trouble with my cousins and plus, I don't want to say what I was make fun of for. =P
Okay, the rest of the events will, unfortunately, not be in order.
One of the days that we were there, we went to Boompa and Grandma's house to go horse back riding. It was a lot of fun! Although, the horses hadn't been ridden for a while, it was still fun. (I'm going to attempt to spell out the horses' name correctly, but don't shoot me if I get it wrong.) Rambow wasn't doing what we were telling him to do. He just kind of did his own thing. It was probably a mix between not being ridden in a while and me not being assertive enough. Story of my life. The second part, NOT the first. =O (HAHA) I just re-read through everything and laughed.
OKAY, anyway! We threw knives afterwards, which was a lot of fun. Of course, I sucked, but it was still fun. For lunch, Grandma picked up these sloppy joe things, which were really good.
On to another day! We went to Merwin Dam, as we do every year. It's always tradition. Unfortunately, we went earlier than we did last year, so the water was freezing! Gregory, Riley and I went out anyway. We were going out really far (over twenty two feet deep) to retrieve a log so that we could sit on it. Dad hadn't realized what we were doing before, so he went out after us. Afraid that we would cramp up in the cold water and drown. So he was cussing the entire swim over to us. He was obviously mad that he had to go in the freezing water. =P
After that, we didn't go back in. It was much to cold for swimming.
Okay, I have to quote a few things that I found funny.
We were at the movie theater, watching Wanted. Well. . .dad didn't know it was rated R. We found out five minutes into the movie. So we returned our tickets. We decided to go to a later showing of Hancock. So we have time to burn. We are in the car and this is when the conversation starts.
Gregory: What are we going to do until the movie starts, Uncle Randy?
Uncle Randy (dad): What do you want to do?
Gregory: I don't know. What can we do?
Uncle Randy: Well, better make up your mind soon, while we're still in town.
Gregory: Oh! I got it. Lets hang out at Walmart!
This is when Riley, dad and I start laughing.
Uncle Randy: Is this town so small that you LIKE hanging out at Walmart?
(HAHA) Anyway, we ended up going to Walmart like Gregory suggested. Which is where another funny conversation starts up.
Uncle Randy: So where is the 'hangout' place?
Gregory: Lets just look around.
We pass by some bra's and panties.
Uncle Randy: Gregory, go play with some bras or something.
Gregory: I would, but they don't find that CUTE anymore.
(HAHA) I couldn't stop laughing at that one for a good ten minutes.
I will be forever grateful for Aunt Tara, Uncle Ted, Grandma, and Boompa for letting us stay with them. If not for them, Riley and I wouldn't have had a ride from the airport and a place to stay.
Thank you, Grandma and Boompa, Aunt Tara and Uncle Ted. You guys rock!
Also, a thank you to my mom and dad for paying for us to go. It was an experience that I will always remember and be grateful for.
I am excited to go back next year, too. Already have the 'okay' with my awesome parents.
=)
Thanks for reading.

Powered by:
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home