Sunday, July 20, 2008
Bible Camp/Washington Trip 2008

I hadn't been to Bible Camp in a good seven or eight years. So for obvious reasons, I couldn't remember it. Of course, I had an image of what it would be like. It was so much better than what I imagined it to be. It had its ups and downs, but it was all worth it in the end.

When we arrived, we dropped off Riley and Gregory at the lodge so they wouldn't have to come to the RV with us. (Aunt Tara's mom has an RV, so that's where Aunt Tara and her sister slept.) Chelsea met up with her cousins on her mother's side, so we took them to there cabin to meet there cabin leader. Then we met up with our cousin, Krista. She signed up to be a cabin leader this year. Unfortunately, we didn't get her as a cabin leader.

One thing I learned about Bible Camp is that most people have their groups, and that's it. They don't talk to anyone else outside of their group. Well, most of them, anyway. Thank God for having cousins. If it weren't for having most of my cousins there, no one would have given me the time of day. Every once in a while, someone would come up to me and be like, "Hey, aren't you related to Jessica?"
Or they would name one of my other cousins who go to camp. Once they knew I was related to them they would be a lot nicer.

Ryan, Emily, and Megan were the exceptions to the group rule. They hang with whoever they wanna hang with. That's why I became friends with them. They were all very nice to me and accepting.

I went horse back riding with some girls in my cabin and Ryan. Then went on the canoe with Emily, Megan, Ryan and Lindsey. (A girl in our cabin) I did the high ropes course with Chelsea and some girls in our cabin. Lucky for me, I did everything there for free. Each Full Time camper gets a free voucher, which means that they can do one activity for free. But Aunt Tara, her sister, and mom didn't use theirs, so they gave them to me. =)

The church services were awesome. I loved waking up and going to our youth services. The praise and worship was amazing. That would probably have to be my favorite part about Bible Camp.

During the night youth services, we would do fun things like having a talent show or playing "Man Hunt". Man Hunt was so much fun. It's like Hide and seek, except you get put in jail and people can come and rescue you. It was a lot of fun except I fell down so many times it's not even funny. But that's expected when you're running through the woods.

Whenever I was near Riley he would say, "Get away from me you freak!" How brotherly, right? (lol)

A few high lights I would like to list: Praise and worship, frozen lemonades, meeting Ryan and Emily, and being able to see my cousins.

Thankfully, I am allowed to go back next year. Only eleven months to go. . . (lol) =P

I'll write the rest of my Washington vacation later on when I am in more of a mood to write in my blog.

Thanks for reading.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home